Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Focus on the positive no matter what

Sometimes life can be overwhelming, confusing, and stressful but other times it can be filled with happiness, laughter, and smiles. There are so many important decisions that you have to make between the ages of 18 and about 25 that will effect the rest of your life including where to go to college, what to major in, friends, lifestyle choices, who to date, who to marry, where to live, and the list goes on. Sometimes I find myself overwhelmed with no idea where I'm headed. Despite all the pressure, I have learned a few things that can help you make the best decisions for yourself and I've also learned how to see light at the end of the long, dark journey. The secret is to have a positive attitude and surround yourself with those habits and friends that will help uplift you and encourage you to be your best self. I know for me, I tend to focus on the negative in situations and I always seem to think that people think of me negatively also. This is a really bad habit for me and it has caused a lot of extra and un-needed heartache on my part. Even though I still struggle with this, I have noticed a huge difference in my life when I focus on the positive. When you think positively, your happy and when you think negatively, your sad. Its really that simple. Surrounding myself with good friends has been the biggest help for me to think positively about myself and life in general. Focus on the positive and fill your life with good things that will make you happy and your journey through life will be a lot more enjoyable! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment